Got annoyed of spam calls and unwanted calls on your Smartphone?? Then the best way is to block those numbers on your Smartphone. However, blocking a number on Smartphone varies from mobile to mobile based on the software used and the model of that phone. We have observed that majority of the people are using the Android Smartphones nowadays. So, we have thought of bringing up the process to block particular spam or unwanted or telemarketing calls on the Android phone here. Sufferers of the unwanted calls on their Android mobile can go through this complete guide on How to Block a Number on Android Phone and block those numbers that you are irritated of and that you don’t want to receive.
Blocking Phone Numbers on Various Android Phones
Though many of the smartphones are categorized as Android phones, there are different models, brands and variations in them. So there may not be a common procedure to block the number in all the Android phones and some older devices many not have that option too. The number blocking process varies from mobile to mobile. There are several methods at our hands today to block calls or numbers in various android devices. Here let us have a brief look at the various features, apps and the carriers available for Android that helps to block numbers on some popular android phones.
How to Block a Number on LG
As if you were in search of how to block a number on LG phone we are here to help you. The process is very simple and similar to most of the other Android Smartphone’s available in the market today but with slight variations. You have two different ways to block a number in the LG phones which we have given below. Any of them would just work out if you try it.
Method-1: From Call Settings
- Open the “Phone” app from the main menu of your LG phone.
- Click “Three-Dotted Icon” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Call Settings” option from drop-down list.
- Select the option named as “Reject Calls”.
- Click “+” button.
- Now add the number that you wanted to block and
- Click “Done” to make the number blocked finally.
Method-2: From Call Log
- Tap the “Phone” app from your Smartphone.
- Find and click “Call Logs” tab that will be present either at the bottom of the screen or on the top.
- Choose “Call Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Call blocking and Decline with message”.
- Choose and click “Blocked Numbers”.
- Hit “+” button.
- Click “Contacts” to select the number that you want to block from contacts. (You can also tap “Call Logs” for choosing the recent number to block or you can click “New Number” and enter the number in the text field that appears on screen to make it blocked.)
- Tap “Done” button.
- Doing this will add that particular contact to blocked list of your LG phone.
How to Block a Number on Samsung
Samsung phones are branded Smartphone’s in the market which most of the people use it today. If you are a Samsung Android phone user and trying to get rid of the annoying calls, then you can block them by following few simple steps. There are two easy methods to block the numbers on your Samsung device which you can check them below and choose any of them.
Method-1: From Contact List
- Find and click the “Phone” app from your Samsung device to open it.
- Select the number or the contact that you wanted to block.
- Click or hit on the “More” present at the top right corner or the screen.
- Choose “Add to Auto-Reject List” option from the menu.
- That’s it and the number is blocked on your Samsung phone.
Method-2: From Settings
- Open the “Phone” icon or app from your mobile screen.
- Tap on “Three Vertical Dots” at the top right side of the screen which will show you a drop-down menu.
- Click “Settings” present at the last of the drop-down list or menu.
- Hit “Block Numbers” located under the “Call Settings” option i.e., at the middle of the phone screen as shown below.
- Below the option “Add Phone Number”, click on the “Text Field” and type the number that you wish to block.
- Click “Done” and with this, the number will be saved to the block list of your Samsung phone.
How to Block a Number on Motorola Android Phone
If you are a Motorola android phone user, then here is the common method to block a number on your Motorola android device. One can go through the below given step-wise process and follow the same for blocking a specific number. All the calls and the text messages from that particular number will be blocked as long as you want with this process.
- Open the “Contacts” app from your phone.
- Find the contact or name that you wanted to block and tap it to open.
- Click on the “Pencil” icon at the top right of the screen to edit the contact.
- Now tap on the “Menu” icon i.e., three vertical dots on the top right corner of the editing screen.
- From the menu, click on the check box right to the “All Calls to Voicemail” option to select it.
- Click “Save” or “Done” button finally.
If you are looking for how to block a number on Moto G and other Motorola mobiles, you can follow the same method and it would just work out mostly.
How to Block a Number on HTC Android Phone
The call blocking option in HTC Smartphone’s is much similar to the Samsung phones which have in-built or integrated option for it. To make use of this feature, one need to follow few simple steps arranged in an order below.
Method-1: From Contact List / Call Log
- Open the “Phone App” from your HTC phone.
- Go to call history / call log / contacts of your device.
- Press the contact or number that you want to block and hold it.
- Click the option called “Block Contact” or “Block Caller”.
- Choose “OK” to block the number.
Method-2: From People App
HTC users can also block the calls or numbers that they want using the People app of their phone and the method is as below.
- Find and click on “People app” on the home screen of the HTC android phone.
- Tap 3-dotted icon on the top of the screen.
- Click “Manage Contacts” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Now click the option “Blocked Contacts”.
- Hit “Add” option at the top of the screen.
- Enter the phone number that you want to make blocked.
- Click “Save” to add that number to block list of your HTC phone.
How to Block a Number on Sony
Blocking a number on Sony phones is very easy and will be completed in simple way. The method is given here. Almost all the Sony Smartphone users such as people who are looking for How to Block a Number on Android Phone and many other Sony models can use this process. By following the steps given below you can block the numbers in most of the Sony mobiles. However there will be slight variations in some models which you can get through easily the on-screen instructions on your phone and block the number you want.
- Tap “Apps” icon from the home screen of the phone.
- Hit “Contacts” option.
- Click the icon “Add a Contact”.
- Select the contact that is required.
- Edit the number or name that is to be blocked.
- Find and click “Menu” icon i.e., three vertical dotted icon.
- Find and select the option “All Calls to Voicemail”.
- Click “Save” or “Done”.
How to Block a Number on ZTE
If you want to block a number of ZTE phone do read the simple steps given below and block the annoying or unwanted number you wish to. The method will just work on almost all the ZTE models.
- Click “All Apps” icon from the home screen of ZTE phone.
- Tap on the “Contacts” icon.
- Click on the contact or name that you should block.
- Tap “Three-Vertical dotted” menu icon.
- Select “All Calls to Voicemail” by clicking the option from the drop-down list.
Block a Number on Stock Android
Have you heard of Stock Android phone?? If not, just have a look at what exactly it is and how to block a number on Stock Android phone clearly here. However, if you are a Stock Android phone user, you can just look at the blocking process of a number given below.
Stock Android mobiles are nothing but pure versions of the Android phones which means they are directly given out by Google without any changes or modifications. By default Nexus and Google edition devices or phones like Nexus 6P and Google Pixel etc. runs on this Stock Android. As if you are aware of stock Android phones, you can check out different ways of blocking numbers in stock android phones along with those stock android phones listed here. The process will be different from various ways to Block a Number on Android Phone given above. So, do check them and follow any of them to block numbers or calls in stock android phones.
Method-1: From Contact List
- Find the name or the contact that you want to block from “Contact List”.
- Click “Pencil” button at the top right corner of the page.
- Tap menu icon in the upper right side of the screen.
- Tap to select the check box next to the option “All Calls to Voicemail” from the drop-down menu.
- Now those contacts will be sent to voice inbox of carriers.
Method-2: From Call Log
- Open the “Phone” app.
- Go to the “Recent Calls” section.
- Find the contact that you want to block from the list.
- Log Press the number and
- Choose “Block Number” to block the contact.
Method-3: From Google Phone App
- Find and click the “Phone” app to open it.
- Tap on Menu icon (Three-Dot icon) in search bar next to microphone.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Tap “Call Blocking” option from the menu.
- Finally add the number that is to be blocked.
- Click “Block” under the text field. (You can also select “Report Call as Spam” box for reporting the calls.)
Method-4: From Settings
- Open the “Contact List” from Phone icon or app on the home screen.
- Click Main menu (Three dot icon).
- Select “Settings”.
- Then choose “Call”.
- Tap “Call Rejection”.
- Click “Auto Reject List” and
- Tap “Create”.
- Now a Search Box will appear on screen.
- Enter the Phone Number or the Name that you want to block.
- Now the number will be added to Auto Reject List.
All these are the successful ways to block a number in the Stock Android phones. Try any of these best ways and get rid of unwanted calls.
Block Numbers by Contacting Carriers
If you are a person switching to various handsets regularly, blocking the number of phone does not work as the number will get unblocked as soon as you change the handset. In this case, you need to follow the general way of blocking the numbers i.e., you need to block numbers at the service level by contacting carriers. Most of the carriers help you to block those spam calls or unwanted calls or numbers on your mobile. The major carriers include Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint and AT&T. Check the number blocking process at service level on all those carriers below.
How to Block a Number on Verizon
- At first, sign in on to your Verizon Account from the browser on the Verizon website.
- Tap on “My Verizon” which will open the drop-down menu.
- Choose “My Plan and Services” from the menu.
- Find and click “Manage Verizon Family Safeguards & Controls”.
- Choose “Safeguards”.
- Select “Details and Edit” under the “Call and Message Blocking” option.
- Enter the 10 digit phone Number that you wish to block.
- Tap “Submit” button finally. (Note: Blocked number will expire after 90 days)
One can block only five numbers using their account without any additional charges. However, if you want to permanently block the number and block a maximum of 20 contact numbers, you need to pay $5 for each month using Family Base of Verizon.
How to Block a Number on Sprint
Sprint is also a carrier and if you are worried of how to block a number with sprint we can help you out through the steps given below.
Method-1: From Online Website
- Open the Sprint website.
- Sign-in in to the “My Sprint” account.
- Choose the menu called “My Sprint” at the top of the page.
- Click “Permissions” from the menu.
- Now you will have to go through Access authentication process.
- Tap “Block Voice”.
- Choose the particular phone on which the settings are to be valid. Few accounts will select multiple phones to block the number. In this case, you need to open each of the mobile separately and enter the number.
- Select the option “Block only the following phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls” from various options available to restrict or block the calls.
- Enter the number that is to get block in the space given from the phone.
- Tap “Add Number” button.
- The number will be finally added to the block list.
- If you are not having permissions for blocking the voice calls, you will see “Your Selection Cannot be Blocked” message on the screen.
- Tap “Save” to block the voice access.
- If the changes that you made are saved, you will get a confirmation message indicating “Thank You! We Have Saved Your Changes”.
- On the phone which you have blocked the voice services, you can see the blocked icon.
- Switch off your phone and ON for the updates or changes to take place which will atleast take 15 minutes.
Method-2: Blocking via Sprint Customer Service
If you are not able to block the number in the sprint website in the online, then it is better to contact customer service and block the numbers you don’t want to receive any more. You can do it in the following way.
- Search and locate the recent sprint statement and look for “Account Number” in it.
- Now call the customer service of the Sprint that is on the statement.
- Follow the instructions carefully in order to speak to the service agent of the Sprint.
- Ask the agent to block the number you want. The agent will check if your phone and account is having permissions to do so.
- If you have permissions, they will block the number.
- Finally Turn your phone OFF and then ON to take changes effect. This will take minimum 15 minutes.
How to Block a Number on AT&T
AT&T customers do not have an option to block the numbers for free. AT&T users have to pay $4.99 for each month for using the service. Under this plan users can only block a maximum of 30 contacts. If the users do not want to pay for this plan to just block a number, then they can go for free options. Download any of the popular Android apps that are listed below or from the dozens of apps in the play store. Block the number successfully from those apps following the instructions.
AT&T is also very specific about blocking calls or numbers. The process will vary from phone to phone also and it is necessary for you to follow the instructions that are specific to the OS and the mobile that you are using. If you still want to block the number at AT&T website under the above mentioned plan, you can just follow below instructions.
- Open the ATT website.
- Click the “myAT&T” tab.
- Login with your User ID and Password.
- Move the cursor to Wireless at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to “Enhanced Services” and click “Smart Limits” from it.
- You will have to subscribe to that “Smart Limits” service to block the numbers.
- If you have multiple phones or devices, you can click on “Managing Devices” at the left of the page.
- Click on the option “Block a Number” in the dashboard after you subscribe to the plan.
- Enter the Number in the text box.
- Click “Block” to block the number.
You can also add your number to the FTC National Do Not Call Registry for opting out of getting the telemarketing calls.
How to Block a Number on T Mobile
If you are in search of how to block a number on t mobile phone, you can make it possible through the T-Mobile website or by calling the customer service center of T-Mobile. Here we have detailed the process of blocking the number from the T Mobile official website.
- Open the T-Mobile website.
- Sign in to your T-Mobile account.
- Choose “Select Tools”.
- Go to “Family Allowance”.
- Click “Access Family Allowances”.
- Navigate to “Allowed Numbers” and
- Select “Never Allowed”.
- Enter the Numbers you want to block.
- Click “OK” and “Save” finally.
Blocking Calls Using Various Android Apps
If any of the above mentioned ways for the specific Android device or model or OS does not work out, the final way is to block the numbers using Android apps. There are dozens of such apps in the Play Store. All that the users have to do is, find out some best apps out there and install them to block the numbers easily. Here we have listed some top rated best free call blocker app for Android. Have a glance at those apps and download them for your device to get out of annoying calls.
1. Call Blocker
One of the best available call blocking apps that you should definitely give a try is “Call Blocker”. It is a free app and is supported with ads. You can also get a paid version if you want to enjoy all the premium features of the app. Check out the steps to block a number using this app after you make call blocker download in your phone.
How to Block Numbers with Call Blocker App
- Download and Install the Call Blocker Apk on your Android phone.
- Launch the app and click “Agree” to continue using the app.
- Open Main menu of the app.
- Click “Blocked Calls” button.
- Click “Add” button.
- Now both Whitelist and Blacklist tabs will appear on screen.
- Click “Add Number”.
- You can add the number that you want to block from contacts or SMS log or Call log or you can type it manually.
- Now that contact will be listed under the “Blacklist” tab.
2. Mr Number
This is another free and top rated ads-free app in the play store for android that will allow you to block calls or text that you do not want on your mobile. It do also have remote lookup feature which will allow you to find the details of the first 20 unknown callers in the United States for free. For the next lookups, you will have to pay. Check out the below process to block numbers using this app.
Blocking a Number Using Mr. Number App
- Install and launch the Mr. Number on your Android phone.
- Click “OK” to continue.
- Choose the “Country Code”.
- Enter your “Phone Number”.
- Click “OK”.
- To start blocking numbers, click “NO” or prohibition symbol at the top right area of the screen which will access the block list.
- Under the block list, there will be “Hand Up”, “Voicemail” and “Exceptions” tabs.
- One can add the numbers to Hang up or Voicemail to hand up those calls automatically and redirect them to voicemail box respectively under any of the ways given here.
- Suspected spam
- Choose from recent calls or texts
- All private/blocked numbers
- Enter a number
- All numbers not in contacts
- Choose from contacts
- All numbers in contacts
- All numbers beginning with…
- All numbers
- Right from the main screen of the app, users can block the contacts.
- Below the “Recent” tab that will show all the received texts and calls, click “Menu” button next to each entry that you want to block and click “Block Number”.
- Now a pop-up will show asking you to block or redirect the calls of that number to voicemail.
- You can choose any of them of your choice. You can also mark that number as spam.
- The Exceptions tab is to add the contacts that you want to keep in touch and that you don’t want to get blocked. One needs to register the numbers in this tab that they want to stay in touch with.
Hiya is the one of the best apps among the call blocking apps available in the play store. It blocks the texts and calls that you want to avoid. It is easy to use and free ads free app. You can get this Hiya call blacklist app download and follow few steps to block the number. It will directly send those calls that are blocked to voicemail and will control your privacy.
Block Unwanted Numbers Using Hiya App
- Download and Install Hiya from Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Choose the “Contact” from the list of contacts displayed on the screen or search for the contact using name or number.
- Tap on that contact.
- Click “Three-Vertical Dotted” icon at the top right corner of screen.
- Click “Block”.
These are all the best ways or methods to block calls or numbers on various Android phones. Follow the instructions carefully provided above based on the phone you are using and block the contacts easily.
Blocking / Hiding My Own Number on Android
Last but not least you can also block your own number from displaying on others phone. Many of users want to hide their number or block it for many reasons. If you are the one who want to know how to block my number on android or hide it you need to make your number as private. Here is the procedure to do that on your Android phone. You can follow this only if your network supports the process.
- Open dialer app or phone app on your Android mobile.
- Click 3 dots on the top search bar to open the menu.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Tap “Call Settings”.
- Tap “Additional Settings” from call settings.
- Tap on “Caller ID”.
- Finally choose “Hide Number”.
Hope all the best ways listed here will help you to get rid of annoying calls on your Android Smartphone easily. If you have any other ways on How to Block a Number on Android Phone or any queries please comment below and we can help you at our best.