After high-end brands like Samsung and HTC started incorporating Android OS in their mobiles, most of the people started switching from iOS to Android. There are various reasons for it. However, while switching the mobile most of the people will start looking for easy ways to transfer the data between the mobiles. One such thing is contacts. It has to be a huge burden in the previous days to transfer the data from one mobile to other especially the contacts which are manually copied. The process used to take long time. But thanks to the technology that has emerged over the years. As people are finding easy ways, there are several easy and quick methods to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android though they are completely different operating systems. If you are looking for how to transfer contacts from iphone to android phone, this would be best place for you. Here you can check out all the possible methods that you can make use of and transfer the contacts quickly to your new Android device.
Various Methods for Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Android:
Method-1: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android Using Gmail
Almost each and every smartphone user will have Google account set up in their mobile. If yes, it is pretty much easy for you to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android using Gmail account of the Google. All that the user has to do is, just follow the simple steps provided below.
- Go to iCloud.com through your PC or laptop.
- Select all those contacts that you wanted to save.
- If you want all the contacts to be saved, tap on the small gear button present at the lower left side.
- Choose all contacts.
- Again click the “Gear” icon and choose export vCard. This will lead your PC to download the VCF having all those contacts you have chosen.
- Now, take your iPhone and open the Google Account.
- Go to the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” section in the settings menu of the Google account that you have created.
- Click on the “Add Account” button.
- Choose “Gmail” from the options.
- Provide the login details.
- Now your iPhone will ask the user on which part of the account you want to sync the contacts.
- Select the “Contacts” option.
- From contacts, select “More” dropdown menu.
- Choose “Import”.
- Again click “Import”.
- Now automatically, the contacts will start syncing to your Android phone connected to the Google account which you have saved the contacts.
The process will take some time. Be patient and wait for some time till you move contacts of iPhone to android contacts completely.
Note: You should use the same Google’s Gmail account for the new Android device that you have preferred to switch the contacts to. Gmail account is must to transfer the contacts using this method. If you do not have it, create one and import the contacts through it.
Method-2: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android Using iCloud
One of the best ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android app is with the help of iCloud. It is an Apple’s service used to backup the data of the iPhone and restore the data. Using this iCloud system, you can easily transfer contacts. If you want to know the process, read the following steps.
- Visit iCloud.com from your computer’s browser.
- Sign into your ID and password of the Apple account.
- Open the “Contacts”.
- Choose the contacts that you are willing to transfer to your Android phone either one by one or all at once. (If you want to select all contacts, click “Gear” button at the lower left corner and choose “Select All”).
- Click on “Gear” again and choose “ExportvCard”.
- Now all the contacts that you have selected will be saved on your PC in the form of VCF file.
- The VCF file name will be explicit based on the number of contacts you have exported.
- Now, connect your Android phone to the computer in which you have exported the contacts to.
- Copy the VCF file to the local storage of your mobile.
- Now import the contacts either from “Contacts” or “People” app. (If you have saved the contacts in the SD card, choose “import from storage source”).
Method-3: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android using iTunes
One of the easiest methods is to export the contacts of your iPhone to Gmail using the iTunes and import it to your Android handset from the iTunes. You can make it possible either from a windows computer or a Mac computer. In just few simple steps, the process will be completed as follows.
- Download the iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Launch the iTunes.
- Tap on the “iPhone” at the upper right-hand side corner to go the screen of the device.
- Click on the tab named as “Info”.
- Now click on the check box besides “Sync Contacts With” to select it.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Google Contacts”.
- Enter the user name and password of your Google account.
- Tap on “Apply”.
- Once the process of syncing the contacts of the iPhone to the Google account is completed, connect your Android device to the Google account to which you have synced contacts.
- Now allow the Google account to sync the contacts to your Android device.
All these are the official methods that you can use for when it comes to How to Transfer Contact from iPhone to Android easily.
Method-4: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android Using App
If you wish not to use any of the methods listed above, then there are several third-party applications that can help you transferring contacts from iphone to android device. Most of the apps work easily and you can get them from respective app stores of your mobile. But all that you need to know is that, the app that you choose for transferring the contacts should be available both for the Android and iOS operating system. Most of the apps used for contacts transferring will have the capability to backup the contacts and send them to the Gmail account that you choose in the form of VCF file. Next, import them to your Android device by downloading the VCF file from the Gmail account.
You can give this method a last try if required; otherwise any of the three methods given above will be just enough to transfer contacts from your old iPhone to your new Android device. This is how to transfer contacts from iphone to android phone in few easy methods. Any of these methods would definitely work and so give them a try. Let us know if there are any more ways to transfer the contacts from iPhone to Android device by commenting below.