Switching from iPhone to brand new Android?? Then the biggest concern of the users will be to get those old messages of their iOS back to their new Android mobile apart from the other data. Some SMS or messages are the most valuable data for the users and they can’t get rid of looking at that old stuff send by their dear ones. So, if you are worried of it and searching for how to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android you are at the right place. The guide given here will show you the right path to transfer all your valuable communication that you have made with your friends and dear ones to your new Android device easily. So, we wish you could read the information provided here for your reference.
Steps to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android
Step-1: Backup iPhone Data to PC Using iTunes
The first and fore-most thing that the user needs to perform is back up all the iPhone data to the computer. This process will take long time. The entire method to transfer text messages from iphone to android free and here’s how you can do it.
- Take your iPhone and connect it to the computer.
- Open the iTunes on the computer.
- Now select “This Computer” in the main page of iTunes under the “Backups” section.
- Click “Back Up Now” option.
- Wait till backup completes.
Step-2: Locate Backup File and Extract Message File of the iPhone
- Now the users have to find out the backup file of the iPhone on the computer.
- The name of the file will be 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28. Search for this file based on the platform of your computer.
- For windows computers, by default the backup file should be located at: C://[Users]/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Mobile Sync (Username here is actual username)
- In Mac PC, by default the backup file will be stored at the following path: /Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- If you can’t locate the file, just search for it using the file name given above.
- Once the file is found, copy and paste the file in the Android phone in a folder that is memorable i.e., in the internal memory or on the SD card of your phone.
- Unplug the Android device from the PC.
This is how to transfer messages from iphone to android in just few steps. However, the process is not completed as the SMS format of the iPhone and the Android will not be same and you have to convert it. You can convert the backup file of the SMS to the format that is supported by the Android with the help of the below given steps.
Step-3: Convert the iPhone Messages Backup File to Android Format
In order to convert the SMS or messages of your iPhone to the Android friendly format you need to make use of any third-party apps available in the market. One such best app is iSMS2droid which you need to install it on your Android phone and convert the messages to the format supported by Android. You can do it in the following way.
- Open the Google play store on your Android mobile.
- Search for the app “iSMS2droid” and click it.
- Click “Install” and then click “Accept” to start the application to be installed on your device.
- Once the app is successfully installed, launch it.
- Choose “iPhone SMS Database” from the main window.
- Go to the message file that is previously copied to your Android phone.
- Click on the file 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28.
- Click “All” when you get a prompt. (If you want only selected messages, click “Select” and choose those messages that you would like to import to your Android phone).
- Now you will have the Android readable message format saved and you want to restore it through another app in the next step.
You can also try isms2droid alternative if required as there are many such similar apps available in the play store that serves the same purpose.
Step-4: Restore SMS of your iPhone to Android Phone
Now it’s time to install another app called “SMS Backup & Restore” to restore or to import the text messages. This app is mostly preferred by the people and we do prefer this. Check out the below points to install and import the messages to your Android device and with it, you can put an end to how to transfer SMS from iPhone to android question revolving in your mind.
- Install SMS Backup & Restore app on your Android.
- Launch the app and open the main page.
- Click “Restore”.
- Click “Custom Folder” when prompted.
- Tap on the “Browse”.
- In the upper right corner, click on the up arrow.
- Go to the folder named “SMSBackupRestore”.
- Click the file “iSMS2droid.xml”.
- Finally click “Use This Folder” (This will take place only for the first time usage).
- Select the “Location” that can be used for backup.
- Use the default location or else select the location that you want.
- Once the backup folder is located, click “OK”.
- Tap on “OK” again.
- Choose “Restore All Messages” or “Only Restore Messages Sent / Received” on the particular date as you want.
- Click “OK” finally.
- Once the entire process is over, you will be asked to check for the duplicates using the app. Click Yes or No based on your choice.
- After the above step completes, you will asked to restart your phone and make sure to do it to don’t have any issues with the messages that are imported.
With all these four steps, one needs to complete transfer messages from iphone to android phone without any issues. So people who are in search of how to transfer messages from iphone to android on can just follow these steps and that’s it, your text messages are imported to your Android phone successfully. Hope you find this information useful. Let us know if there are any better ways to transfer SMS easily from iOS to Android through comments.